Carousel Craziness is a game Luke made up in episode 6 of the Here Comes The Planet vlog. Basically, whoever’s bag is first to appear on the baggage claim carousel wins a point. At the end of the trip we’ll tally up the points to see who wins. We had a suggestion recently that whoever loses should do the other person’s dirty clothes washing when we get back to Australia, so currently we’re running with that.
2018 European (mostly) Vacation
- London – Split: Since Amanda’s bag did not turn up on the carousel at all, it’s a foul round. No points.
- Split – Rome: Both bags were on the carousel next to one another. That means it’s a draw! 1 point each.
- Naples – London: As we approached I spotted my bag first but Amanda’s was only a few down and closer… feeling generous, I called it a draw. We’re on 2 points each.
- London – Bern: Both bags were next to each other on the carousel! 3 points each.
2016 Vietnam and Thailand Holiday
- Melbourne – Da Nang: Amanda (1)
- Da Nang – Ho Chi Minh City: Luke (1)
- Ho Chi Minh City – Bangkok: Luke (2)
- Bangkok – Koh Samui: Luke (3)
2013 World Tour
- Melbourne – Koh Samui: Amanda (1)
- Koh Samui – Bangkok: Amanda (2)
- Bangkok – Hanoi: Amanda (3)
- Saigon – Siem Reap: Amanda (4) (Four in a row! :O)
- Siem Reap – Bangkok: Luke (1)
- Bangkok – Munich: Amanda (5)
- Bratislava – London: Luke (2)
- London – Reykjavik: Amanda (6)
- Reykjavik – London: Luke (3)
- London – Tanzania: Luke (4)
- Kenya – Istanbul: Luke (5) (Hat trick! Woo! :D)
- Istanbul – Göreme: Amanda (7)
- Istanbul – Rome: Luke (6)
- Venice – Barcelona: Luke (7)
- Barcelona – Seville: Luke (8)
- Porto – London: Luke (9) (Four in a row! :D)
- London – New York: Amanda (8) (our bags were right next to each other! Next edition of the CC rules will make that a draw. :P)
- New York – New Orleans: Amanda (9)
- Chicago – Las Vegas: Amanda (10) (not Luke’s lucky day 😦 )
- Las Vegas – San Francisco: Amanda (11) (Four in a row!)
- San Francisco – Auckland: Luke (10)
- Auckland – Sydney: Amanda (12)
Amanda wins Carousel Craziness for 2013 with a score of 12, Luke trailing behind on 10.