Carousel Craziness is a game Luke made up in episode 6 of the Here Comes The Planet vlog. Basically, whoever’s bag is first to appear on the baggage claim carousel wins a point. At the end of the trip we’ll tally up the points to see who wins. We had a suggestion recently that whoever loses should do the other person’s dirty clothes washing when we get back to Australia, so currently we’re running with that.
2018 European (mostly) Vacation
- London – Split: Since Amanda’s bag did not turn up on the carousel at all, it’s a foul round. No points.
- Split – Rome: Both bags were on the carousel next to one another. That means it’s a draw! 1 point each.
- Naples – London: As we approached I spotted my bag first but Amanda’s was only a few down and closer… feeling generous, I called it a draw. We’re on 2 points each.
- London – Bern: Both bags were next to each other on the carousel! 3 points each.
2016 Vietnam and Thailand Holiday
- Melbourne – Da Nang: Amanda (1)
- Da Nang – Ho Chi Minh City: Luke (1)
- Ho Chi Minh City – Bangkok: Luke (2)
- Bangkok – Koh Samui: Luke (3)
2013 World Tour
- Melbourne – Koh Samui: Amanda (1)
- Koh Samui – Bangkok: Amanda (2)
- Bangkok – Hanoi: Amanda (3)
- Saigon – Siem Reap: Amanda (4) (Four in a row! :O)
- Siem Reap – Bangkok: Luke (1)
- Bangkok – Munich: Amanda (5)
- Bratislava – London: Luke (2)
- London – Reykjavik: Amanda (6)
- Reykjavik – London: Luke (3)
- London – Tanzania: Luke (4)
- Kenya – Istanbul: Luke (5) (Hat trick! Woo! :D)
- Istanbul – Göreme: Amanda (7)
- Istanbul – Rome: Luke (6)
- Venice – Barcelona: Luke (7)
- Barcelona – Seville: Luke (8)
- Porto – London: Luke (9) (Four in a row! :D)
- London – New York: Amanda (8) (our bags were right next to each other! Next edition of the CC rules will make that a draw. :P)
- New York – New Orleans: Amanda (9)
- Chicago – Las Vegas: Amanda (10) (not Luke’s lucky day 😦 )
- Las Vegas – San Francisco: Amanda (11) (Four in a row!)
- San Francisco – Auckland: Luke (10)
- Auckland – Sydney: Amanda (12)
Amanda wins Carousel Craziness for 2013 with a score of 12, Luke trailing behind on 10.
6 thoughts on “Carousel Craziness Scoreboard”
Enjoyed catching up on your news. Looks like the best birthday ever Amanda. Have a ball. Lynda Gould
Wahoo… Amanda is surely a winner winner chicken dinner! 😀
We’ll see – a fair few flights to go yet!
This is such a great idea for fun. I am going to steal this the next time I travel long duration with a companion!
Gah, don’t encourage Luke! He gets so excited… I think he spent about 30 minutes filming the baggage carousel in Hanoi so he could capture the moment one of the bags came out. Of course, since I’m winning I’m now getting more interested;).
If you do, please blog your scoreboard and link it to me! 😀